The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA’s FSIS) will host a virtual open house on September 26, 2022, from 2–5 P.M. Eastern Time. The open house will include specific topics based on recent feedback and frequent questions received by FSIS laboratories.
The event, featuring live demonstrations and presentations, will include:
- A discussion on the Salmonella Exploratory Sampling Program
- An explanation of the new method for quantifying Salmonella in chicken carcass samples
- A whole genome sequencing data demonstration
- A showcase of the agency’s new digital pathology scanner
- Updates on the National Residue Program and Multi Residue Method.
Interested participants must pre-register on the FSIS website. Registered participants will receive an e-mail with the link to the event.