In honor of National Food Safety Month 2022, which occurs in September, the experts at ServSafe will curate free food safety content including checklists, whitepapers, posters, and webinars focused on developing essential skills at every level of the restaurant food chain. ServSafe states that its goal is to help everyone—from frontline food handlers to executives—focus on the skills and knowledge that cultivate a robust food safety culture.
ServSafe will release its content between August 29 and October 2, 2022. Featured resources include:
- Week 1 – Food Handler: Basic food safety checklists, as well as cooking time and temperature guides
- Week 2 – Food Manager: A manager’s guide to passing health inspections and checklists to perform restaurant self-inspections
- Week 3 – Multi-Unit Operator: A manager’s guide to fostering a culture of food safety
- Week 4 – Executive Team: An executive whitepaper on “Developing a Culture of Food Safety” and a food safety culture scorecard
- Week 5 – Beyond Times and Temperatures: A food allergens breakroom poster and Responsible Alcohol Service support materials.
With the upcoming content, ServSafe aims to help food business operators and employees fortify their knowledge of food safety, and reiterate the importance of food safety in their organizations. National Food Safety Month was created in 1994 by the National Restaurant Association, which administers ServSafe, to heighten awareness about the importance of food safety education.
For more National Food Safety Education Month resources and news, stay up-to-date with Food Safety Magazine's coverage. Also, be sure to tune into the special webinars and podcasts offered by Food Safety Magazine in honor of the month!