On April 5, 2023, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)/World Health Organization (WHO) Scientific Advice Program will host a webinar for the release of a new publication, titled, Food Safety Aspects of Cell-Based Food. The webinar is open to observers, in addition to members of the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
As commercial cell-based food production continues to expand, there is an increasing need to address the commodity’s food safety. The milestone publication and accompanying webinar aims to address this.
Webinar participants can expect to:
- Obtain an electronic copy of the publication
- See the various technologies that are currently being used to produce cell-based foods
- Understand the key results of food safety hazard identification conducted by a technical panel during an expert consultation organized by FAO in collaboration with WHO
- Learn about the current regulatory thinking and developments that exist for cell-based foods in different countries and jurisdictions
- Actively participate in a brainstorming session to discuss country-specific issues and relevant regulatory needs.
FAO/WHO will hold two, identical 1.5-hour webinar on Wednesday, April 5, 2023: