Jennifer McEntire is Chief Food Safety and Regulatory Officer at the International Fresh Produce Association. Prior to the merger of United Fresh and Produce Marketing Association, Jennifer was Vice President of Food Safety and Technology at United Fresh Produce Association.
A food microbiologist by background, she has always worked in the Washington, D.C., area, bringing a scientific perspective to food safety regulatory issues. She was previously vice president of science operations at the Grocery Manufacturers Association. She has served as Vice President and Chief Science Officer at The Acheson Group and as the Senior Staff Scientist and Director of Science and Technology Projects at the Institute of Food Technologists.
Jennifer earned a Ph.D. from Rutgers University as a USDA National Needs Fellow in food safety. She serves as an advisory board member of the Global Food Traceability Center, the technical committee of the CPS, and she is on the executive committee of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Jennifer [24:21] about:
- How the newly formed IFPA will serve the produce industry
- IFPA’s work on Capitol Hill and with consumer groups
- Leadership and workforce development initiatives within IFPA
- FDA’s revision to agricultural water requirements under the Produce Safety Rule
- Proposed testing requirements under FSMA subpart E
- FDA's Foodborne Outbreak Response Improvement Plan (FORIP)
- Tech-enabled traceback in the produce industry
- Measuring the effectiveness of FORIP and produce safety initiatives.
News and Resources:
FDA Introduces Faster, Easier Reportable Food Registry Process [4:25]
New USDA Labeling for Genetically Modified Foods Goes into Effect [7:05]
Biodegradable 'Smart' Food Packaging Material Developed By Singapore Team [14:28]
Researchers Develop Antimicrobial 'Jelly Ice Cubes' for Safer Cold Storage [20:45]
IFPA Expands Food Safety Support with New Hires [23:06]
Register for GFSI Conference: March 29–31 Barcelona, Spain – Early Bird ends Jan 31
Register for Food Safety Summit: May 9–12 – Early Bird ends March 31
We Want to Hear from You!
Please send us your questions and suggestions to email@example.com