The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will host a free, hybrid public listening session on recall modernization on September 29, 2023.
The listening session will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to share information and feedback about topics related to recall modernization for FDA-regulated products. FDA is inviting comments from all interested stakeholders and has provided examples of topic categories of the type of information the agency is interested in obtaining, as follows:
- General recall preparations/contingency planning
- Creating successful recall strategies, including methods to reach underserved communities
- Initiating a recall
- Strategies for public warning, including press releases, social media, and other communication tools
- Increasing efficiency and efficacy of recall information exchange
- Ensuring effective recalls
- Terminating a recall
- Strategies for reducing recall recurrence for similar situations.
Participants are encouraged to address these topics, or any other relevant topics related to recall modernization for FDA-regulated products.
The listening session will be held on September 29, 2023 from 9:00 A.M.–5:00 P.M. ET at FDA’s White Oak Campus, located at 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 31, Rm. 1503A (the Great Room), Silver Spring, MD 20993. A virtual option will also be available to registrants.
Registration is required to attend in person or virtually. Those who wish to provide comments or input are asked to register by September 1, 2023.