The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has released an enhanced version of a free web-based tool that helps users to conduct quantitative risk assessments related to food safety. The tool––FDA-iRISK 2.0––allows users to rank and compare risks, and predict the effectiveness of prevention and control measures. The new release of FDA-iRISK 2.0 includes the following enhanced features:
- advanced modeling methods, such as rare events and new dose-response modeling options;
- faster development of alternative scenarios;
- innovative reporting of results;
- graphical representations of dose-response and variability in contamination and consumption to better understand and verify data; and
- easier data-sharing with other users
The Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition will host a free webinar (pre-registration is required) on March 11 to highlight these new features.