Sally Powell Price is MilliporeSigma’s Regulatory and Public Health Expert for Food and Beverage Safety Testing in North America. Previously, she served as Director of Lab Operations at a biotech startup in Boston and was the Food Lab Supervisor at the New York City Department of Health Public Health Laboratory. She holds a B.S. in Biology from Hamilton College, a M.S. in Microbiology and Immunology from James Cook University in Australia, and did continuing coursework in public health and foodborne disease at Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health. She is a member of the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO), the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL), the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) and AOAC International.
Justyce Jedlicka serves as the Food and Beverage Regulatory Liaison in North America for MilliporeSigma. Responsible for engaging with influencers in the food and beverage industry to align initiatives with regulatory compliance and promote best practices for food safety and quality testing methods, Justyce has been serving the food and beverage industry since 2013. She received a B.S. in Chemistry and an M.B.A. from the University of Missouri in St. Louis. She currently serves as the Food Sciences Section Chair and Executive Board Member of the American Council of Independent Labs and is a member of IAFP, International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), and AOAC International.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Sally and Justyce [3:00] about:
- The impact of food safety failures in baby formula production in recent years
- The risk factors for contamination in infant and baby foods and why contamination has been more of an issue at late
- The regulatory changes being made in response to recent foodborne illness outbreaks linked to formula
- How protecting infant health influences sustainability and corporate responsibility initiatives
- How customers can leverage companies like MilliporeSigma to take the right steps towards safety and compliance
- Recommended resources and trade organizations for those interested in understanding the issue of infant formula safety in greater depth.
"Ask the Expert: How to Choose the Right Method for Microbial Testing in Infant Formula?"
Support for Food and Beverage Testing Heroes
Please send us your questions and suggestions to email@example.com