ABB’s improved Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors, designed with smooth contours and advanced sealing, exceed IP69 ingress protection ratings for washdown conditions to maximize motor life in high-pressure, sanitary cleaning environments. The product line covers single to three-phase ratings, with TEFC or TENV enclosures, in foot-mounted and footless configurations, providing original equipment manufacturers and end users greater flexibility to choose the right product for their equipment and applications.
The enhanced design of Baldor-Reliance motors features:
- Bearing protection ring to reduce shaft currents
- 360-degree rotatable conduit box for ease of installation, operation, and maintenance
- Plugged drain holes completely seal the motor to minimize water ingress.
Other tried-and-true features of the Baldor-Reliance motors include:
- All stainless-steel construction—including housing, conduit box, drain plugs, hardware, fan cover and endplates—safeguards against corrosion to avoid costly downtime and repairs
- IP69 laser marked nameplate for readability throughout the life of the motor
- Hardened epoxy resin encapsulation provides an additional layer of internal protection against water and humidity
- Two-barrier mechanical shaft seals prevent water from entering at the shaft extension of the motor
- High-temperature Class H insulation with low-temperature (Class B) rise for longer insulation and bearing life.