Jeff Hahn, Principal at Hahn Marketing & Communications, is a crisis communications expert with 30 years of experience in communications and public relations. He is a specialist in the food and energy sectors and is the owner of a family of integrated agency brands including Apron Food & Beverage Communications, Hahn Public Communications, the Predictive Media Network, and White Lion Interactive. He also served in the U.S. Air Force, where he completed his associate degree in administration, and then graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science from The University of Texas at San Antonio. He is formally trained in persuasion communication and holds a master’s degree in communication studies from Texas State University.
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Jeff [19:39] about:
- Demystifying crisis communications
- Twelve essential communication tools for food companies
- Three types of crises: emergencies, safety issues, and reputation issues
- The five stages of crisis that companies must navigate
- Understanding the communication options at every stage and step
- Maintaining authenticity and control
- Beginning reputation repair during a crisis or issue
- Jeff’s “favorite crisis”
- How to get a complimentary copy of Breaking Bad News
News and Resources
Dole Packaged Salads and Infant Formula Recalls
Food Safety Insights Column, Bob Ferguson
Register for the Food Safety Summit: May 9–12; Early Bird ends March 31.
Podcast listeners get an EXTRA 10%! Use the code FSMPodcast. Register before March 31 and get 10% in addition to the Early Bird discount. After March 31, get 10% off published rates.
We Want to Hear from You!
Please send us your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org