As the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) Food Safety Modernization Act’s (FSMA’s) preventive controls for human foods goes into effect on September 19, 2016, AIB International’s global team of FSMA experts is ready to assist with bringing your food safety program into compliance with the many changes mandated by the FDA. Other deadlines follow, and preventive controls compliance from exporters will be mandatory in 2016.
“FSMA is a game changer for all food related companies exporting to the United States", says Maureen Olewnik, Principal, Innovation & Industry Affairs, AIB International. "New requirements for production and handling of ingredients and finished products entering the United States will require manufacturers worldwide to assess their processes, adjust and improve record keeping, and maintain appropriate training for production personnel."
How exactly can AIB’s food labeling compliance team help?
- Allergen Disclosure Statement - All food labels on products sold in the United States must explicitly disclose in plain English the presence of any included major food allergen or their derivatives.
- Food Label Compliance Review - Ensures that the mandatory US food labeling requirements have been properly interpreted and applied in the design of the food package.
- Ingredient Statement Listing- The listing of each ingredient in descending order of predominance.
- Nutrition Facts Report - Consists of nutritional values and percent daily values per serving, all of which have been rounded in compliance with government regulations.
- Camera Ready Nutrition Format - Features the Nutrition Facts Report information placed into the proper format, making it ready for placement on the label.
- 100g Nutrition Report - a basic nutritional analysis of your product.
To help companies along the way to FSMA compliance, AIB International is offering a free webinar on package labeling. Register here.