A new conveyor system for metal detectors has been designed to improve reliability, decrease maintenance and reduce the total cost of ownership for processors of dairy, snacks, meat, poultry, seafood, bakery and prepared foods. The Thermo Scientific Quickfit conveyor was engineered to integrate seamlessly with the Thermo Scientific APEX metal detectors.
Each Quickfit unit is tested to eliminate problems food processors can experience when relying on third-party material handling, fabrication and integration with high-performance metal detectors. The modular design uses common components to reduce total ownership costs over the typical 10-plus year metal detector conveyor lifetime. This helps customers better utilize their capital and maintenance budgets.
“Our customers told us that they want a line they can depend on,” says Bob Ries, lead product manager, metal detection and X-ray inspection, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “That’s what drove us to engineer a conveyor with quality components and materials for maximum life. The objective is to reduce the cost of ownership by reducing maintenance and downtime.”
Quickfit conveyors deliver features designed to optimize performance, flexibility and sanitation:
- Available with Thermo Scientific APEX 500 HD, 500 and 100 metal detectors
- Wide range of belt widths, conveyor lengths and heights for application flexibility
- Fixed- or variable-speed operation to meet line specifications/preferences
- Rugged stainless steel construction for long-term reliability
- IP66 washdown rated to meet demanding sanitation requirements
- Fully configured and tested for quality assurance and performance
Thermo Scientific | 763-783-2500 | ThermoScientific.com