Justyce Jedlicka serves as the Food and Beverage Regulatory Liaison in North America for MilliporeSigma, where she is responsible for engaging with influencers in the food and beverage industry to align initiatives with regulatory compliance and promote best practices for food safety and quality testing methods. Justyce has been serving the food and beverage industry since 2013, and received both a B.S. in Chemistry and an M.B.A. from the University of Missouri in St. Louis. She currently serves as the Food Sciences Section Chair and Executive Board Member of the American Council of Independent Labs and is a member of the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP), the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), and AOAC International.
Andrew Lienau is the Food Regulatory and Validation Senior Expert at MilliporeSigma. He has over 30 years of work experience in the fields of microbiology, assay development, and certification processes for pathogen detection in food. He is a member of the Expert Review Panel for AOAC International Official Methods Analysis (OMA), the Technical Board for MicroVal, and several working groups for ISO.
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Justyce and Andrew [2:12] about:
- The threats posed by Cronobacter to food safety and public health, and the key challenges food manufacturers face in preventing Cronobacter contamination
- Why it was important for MilliporeSigma to develop a Cronobacter detection method, and how their product, Assurance® GDS, can help in the detection and control of the pathogen
- How MilliporeSigma has demonstrated that its assay is robust and effective
- The current industry standards and regulations related to Cronobacter control, and how Assurance® GDS supports compliance with these requirements
- Where listeners can find additional information on MilliporeSigma products and services.
We Want to Hear from You!
Please send us your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org