Enzymes are at the heart of modern flour treatment, helping millers compensate for commodity fluctuations and ensure constant flour quality.
After intensive research and development, MC Mühlenchemie has improved and expanded its solutions for standard flour treatment. The new product collection, called the MC100 Anniversary Collection to celebrate the centenary of the company, encompasses enzymes, all-in solutions, and color improvers, and is a response to the increasingly complex challenges faced by millers.
The new improver toolbox contains eight products—six for baking and two for pasta applications. The six baking products comprise five enzymes with specific activities that can be combined as desired, and an all-in solution that unites a wide range of enzyme activities. The collection also contains an enzyme compound and color compound for pasta-making. The products provide mills with efficient flour improvement based on the latest enzyme technology.
The eight new products feature broader applications, improved functionality, and economy. The modular toolbox approach makes it possible to respond to widely varying harvest conditions and application-specific requirements, such as for baguettes or sandwich bread. The solution is universal and designed to meet the needs of the global milling industry. A hundred years of expertise and deep current market knowledge come together in this new development. To celebrate the centenary of MC Mühlenchemie, all the new products bear the label “100” to symbolize a century of knowledge, innovation, and industry leadership.
The eight solutions comprising the MC100 Anniversary Collection include:
- Alphamalt A 100: With expanded properties, the new fungal alpha-amylase offers a wider range of applications than other alpha-amylases. MC has gone beyond singular enzyme activity to cover the entire processing sequence with Alphamalt A 100, from precise adjustment of the falling number in the rheology, to improved dough properties and the baking characteristics, to an appealing golden-brown color of baked goods.
- Alphamalt HC 100: Hemicellulases (xylanases) are essential for working dough. Alphamalt HC 100 improves elasticity and extensibility of the dough in equal measure and gives more power to the fermentation and baking phase. Alphamalt HC 100 can be combined with other hemicellulases.
- Alphamalt EFX 100: The new lipase from MC’s EFX technology covers the entire flour lipid spectrum to modify lipolytic activity for optimum flour quality. The use of Alphamalt EFX 100 results in an elastic dough that can be worked well. It gives the dough additional stability, especially during rising. The unique oven kick enabled by the lipase conserves the gas bubbles formed during baking all the way through to crust formation, resulting in additional volume of final product.
- Alphamalt PLP 100: MC’s first phospholipase supports dough processing, machine workability, and fermentation tolerance. It also improves volume and crumb fineness, and can substitute for emulsifiers. Alphamalt PLP 100 can supplement Alphamalt EFX 100.
- Alphamalt Gloxy 100: Properties for boosting stability make the new glucose-oxidase a dependable solution for dealing with weak flours. Alphamalt Gloxy 100 shows its strengths particularly well in long rising times. In the first working phase, it promotes robust and dry dough consistency, ensures stability in long and changing rising times, and prevents collapse during transfer.
- Powerzym 100: The new combination product unites the knowledge and synergies of all MC enzymes for wheat flour treatment, making it an all-in-one solution for even simpler and more economical flour standardization. Instead of mixing many different enzymes, Powerzym 100 provides users with all the enzyme activities a standard treatment should deliver, in a single product, including ascorbic acid. Powerzym 100 is the ideal solution for millers looking for comprehensive improvement in their basic treatment. Designed to do it all, Powerzym 100 works in all yeast-risen baked goods and gives dough and baking stability, higher yield by volume, and a nice split.
- Pastazym Pro 100: The latest addition to the Pastazym product line increases the bite firmness of cooked pasta while reducing starch loss during cooking, making it easier to handle cooked pasta. It also assures consistent quality of the pasta in different cooking methods and times.
- MCcolour 100: The coloring agent offers pasta manufacturers to give their products a unique yellow glow that makes pasta stand out visually. A special advantage of MCcolour 100 is that the color intensity is retained in cooking and there is no color loss in cooking water. The solution can be declared as “free from” since it is a natural coloring.
MC Mühlenchemie: www.muehlenchemie.com