Thayer Scale has launched a new hygienic weigh feeder (HWF) The feeder is designed to provide a flow rate measurement solution for the enhanced food safety processing segment. The HWF is specifically engineered to accurately measure the rate of flow; control the rate of flow or dose conveyed; and in-process bulk materials for food safety segments that require strict adherence to 3-A standards including individual, quick frozen foods, ready-to-eat foodservice, meat processing, poultry processing, cheese conversion (shred, grate), and seafood.
Thayer Scale's HWF is designed and built in accordance with the applicable provisions of 3-A, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and National Science Foundation design standards to:
- Provide accurate and repeatable in-process bulk material flow rate measurement for mass balance calculations and process control.
- Reduce sanitation time—the HWF disassembles quickly without hand tools to optimize sanitation effectiveness.
- Tolerate high pressure, high-temperature sanitation evolutions without calibration drift or compromising measurement sensitivity.
- Provide a long-term, low cost of ownership with rugged, "Built-to-Survive" construction.
- Assist with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls program compliance.
The Food Safety Modernization Act transformed the nation's food safety system by shifting the focus from responding to foodborne illness to preventing it. Since this law's passage, additional food traceability rules and food safety plan requirements have emerged for the sanitary space. Thayer Scale developed the HWF to help the sanitary space meet the challenges of this new era of smarter food safety initiatives.
Thayer Scale | www.thayerscale.com