One ingredient supplier has been linked to at least nine recalls of meat products containing undeclared milk. Thus far, a total of 3,785,572 pounds of products has been recalled.
The supplier is believed to have distributed breadcrumbs to meat processors in the U.S. and Canada. Recipients include foodservice, wholesale, retail and institutional locations including schools. The breadcrumbs contained milk--a food allergen--which was not declared on the product labels.
Thus far, here is a list of the food processors who have issued recalls:
- AdvancePierre Foods Inc. (54,699 lbs. of chicken products)
- Aldon Food Corp. (18,570 lbs. of chicken salad)
- Conagra Brands Inc. (700,125 lbs. of spaghetti and meatball products)
- Gourmet Boutique LLC (294,744 lbs. ready-to-eat chicken products)
- Maid-Rite Specialty Foods LLC (174,000 lbs. of various beef products)
- Packer Avenue Foods Inc. (9,690 lbs. of ready-to-eat chicken salad)
- Pork King Sausage (44,035 lbs. of raw sausage link products)
- Tyson Foods Inc. (2,485,374 lbs. of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products)
- Water Lilies Food Inc. (4,335 lbs. of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products)
The ingredient supplier has yet to be publicly identified.