Food Safety Magazine's Webinar Series, Evolution of New Era: Advancing Strategies for Smarter Food Safety, features leading voices from FDA and industry, and is the most in-depth series looking into FDA's New Era of Smarter Food Safety both inside and outside FDA. The second in this webinar series focuses on Core Element 1 of the New Era blueprint, tech-enabled traceability, as well as the contents of the final traceability rule—“Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods”—issued on November 15. During this webinar, you will hear about the envisioned future of food traceability with the creation of standards, as well as other work by FDA to advance traceability as part of the New Era of Smarter Food Safety.
From this webinar, you will learn:
- What is the need for improved transparency and traceability throughout the food supply chain?
- How will the standards set by FDA's Traceability Rule encourage greater transparency throughout the food system?
- How can improved traceability provide real-time insight into food safety and quality, as well as supply chain efficiency?
- How is assigning a digital identity to food products achieved, and what can industry do to mobilize these changes?
- How can faster, more widespread adoption of traceability initiatives and technologies by industry be facilitated?
- What other work is FDA doing to advance traceability under the New Era of Smarter Food Safety?
Moderator: Adrienne Blume, Editorial Director, Food Safety Magazine