Sally Powell Price joined MilliporeSigma in 2020 as a Regulatory Expert for Food Safety Testing for North America. Previously, she served as Director of Lab Operations at a biotech startup in Boston and was a Food Lab Supervisor at the New York City Department of Health - Public Health Laboratory. She has a bachelor’s degree in Biology from Hamilton College, a master’s in Microbiology & Immunology from James Cook University in Australia, and did continuing coursework in public health and foodborne disease at Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health. She’s a member of the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO), American Public Health Association, Association of Public Health Laboratories, and AOAC.
Justyce Jedlicka currently serves as the Food and Beverage Regulatory Liaison in North America for MilliporeSigma. Responsible for engaging with influencers in the food and beverage industry to align initiatives to be in the highest regulatory compliance and promote best practices among testing methods promoting the safest and highest quality food, Justyce has been serving the food and beverage industry since 2013. She received her BS in Chemistry and MBA from the University of Missouri in St. Louis. She currently serves on the Food Sciences Section Executive Board of the American Council of Independent Labs and is a member of IAFP, ISBT, and AOAC.
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Sally and Justyce about:
- Where do mycotoxins come from?
- Why mycotoxins are a concern in the food space
- Contributing factors to the rising concern of mycotoxins
- How mycotoxins are controlled from a regulatory standpoint
- Recommended resources for those interested in understanding the regulatory landscape
- Commodities where mycotoxin analysis is becoming increasingly relevant
- Sampling and testing challenges some might experience with Mycotoxins?
- How customers can leverage companies like MilliporeSigma to maintain compliance
We Want to Hear from You!
Please send us your questions and suggestions to email@example.com