The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) today announced that Donald L. Zink (pictured, left) became the association's president at the conclusion of its annual meeting, IAFP 2014, in Indianapolis earlier this month.
Zink is the senior science advisor for the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) in College Park, MD. Prior to his current position, he served as a senior food scientist in CFSAN's Office of Food Safety.
Zink has been an IAFP member since 1996 and a member of the Capital Area IAFP Affiliate since 2010. He is a past member of the European Symposium Organizing Committee, has been a member of several Professional Development Groups, and served on several IAFP awards selection committees, including the Black Pearl Award Selection Committee. Zink holds a B.S. from Abilene Christian University and an M.S. in Microbiology and Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Biophysics from Texas A&M University.
In addition to Zink, other members of the Executive Board include:
- President-Elect: Alejandro Mazzotta, Ph.D., Chobani Inc., Medford, NJ
- Vice President: Linda Harris, University of California–Davis, Davis, CA
- Secretary: Mickey Parish, U.S. FDA, College Park, MD
- Past President: Donald Schaffner, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Affiliate Council Chairperson: Turonda Crumpler, BP West Coast Products, LLC, LaPalma, CA