During this time of uncertainty, consumers, farmers and retailers have many questions regarding food safety and COVID-19. Yaohua “Betty” Feng, assistant professor of food science at Purdue University, and her lab have compiled information from nationwide food safety experts on a central reference website.
The website outlines food safety best practices including:
- Consumer personal hygiene.
- Stopping the spread of germs.
- Grocery shopping recommendations.
- Guidelines for farmers and producers.
- Guidelines for manufacturers and retailers.
- Information for Extension educators.
The website is continuously updated with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and food safety. For food safety best practices, please visit the following sites: