MilliporeSigma has completely redesigned its flagship Milli-Q® product, launching the new Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 ultrapure and pure lab water system. Now more easy-to-use, compact and sustainable, this fully-integrated system delivers consistently superior quality Type 1 and Type 2 water directly from tap water. The Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 water purification system is designed to exceed researchers’ most demanding expectations – from improved productivity to reduced environmental impact.
MilliporeSigma has created a new, intelligent storage solution that protects the quality of stored water better than ever before. Unique design features include system auto-rinsing prior to production to ensure only highest quality pure water enters the tank; a seamlessly integrated vent filter for improved protection against airborne contaminants; a built-in ech2o® bactericidal UVC LED lamp; and automatic recirculation of stored water through the purification loop preserves water quality in the tank. This new storage solution ensures that highest-quality Elix® water is always on hand and ready to use.
Following in the footsteps of the Milli-Q® IQ 7000 ultrapure system with its ergonomic Q-POD® ultrapure water dispenser, the Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 ultrapure and pure system boasts a similarly redesigned E-POD® pressurized pure water dispenser. The system can support up to 4 PODs (1 E-POD® and 3 Q-POD®units, or 4 Q-POD® units), all of which contain integrated digital touchscreens that allow intuitive system operation, convenient water dispensing, and rapid data access.
MilliporeSigma has made sustainability an integral aspect of the Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 system with features that help researchers eliminate toxic substances, save energy and reduce waste:
- Zero mercury: First and only completely mercury-free tap-to-ultrapure water system with built-in ech2o® UV lamps for the photooxidation of organic contaminants and inactivation of bacteria
- Water saving: Intelligent reverse osmosis and Elix® electrodeionization technology produce consistently high-quality pure water while saving water and ensuring low and predictable running costs
- Reduced waste: The purification unit, tank, UV lamps and purification cartridges are all more compact than previous versions, reducing plastic needs in manufacturing, packaging and transportation
- Energy saving: Hibernation mode maintains the system’s water quality with reduced energy consumption when the lab is closed for extended periods
- Paper saving: Online data access capabilities support paperless data management
MilliporeSigma’s Milli-Q® IQ 7003 and 7005 systems will be available for purchase in November 2018. These systems will replace the existing Milli-Q® Integral systems are the first in a new series of integrated systems that will eventually also include higher flow rates and a range of tank sizes.
MilliporeSigma | 800-645-5476