Food Safety Net Services (FSNS) and Food Safety Net Services Certification and Audit (FSNS C&A) have announced a new conference set to take place next month.
The FSNS Food Safety Conference is scheduled for July 13 in Amarillo, TX. After the conference, attendees will tour the local FSNS lab, followed by a reception that will include a book signing by Dr. Temple Grandin.
The conference if free and open to the public. It will cover the latest developments in food safety from the most knowledgeable people in the industry, academia and government. The agenda includes the following topics:
- The Legal Challenges for U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Processing Plants
- Food Fraud
- Trends in GFSI Auditing
- The Current State of Animal Welfare
- Quality Defined by the Customer
- Amarillo Civic Center, Regency Room, 401 S.Buchanan St., Amarillo TX 79101
- Lab Grand Opening/Reception and Book Signing: 331 North Nelson St., Amarillo TX 79107
- Conference Registration 8:00am – 9:00am
- Conference Schedule 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Lab Grand Opening Reception & Book Signing: 4:45pm – 6:30pm
- Elsa Murano, Ph.D., Professor and President Emerita for the Department of Nutrition and Food Science and the Director for the Norman E. Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at Texas A&M University.
- Gary C. Smith, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Colorado State University and Visiting Professor at Texas A&M University.
- Lori Ernst - Vice President of Auditing Services at FSNS C&A.
- Temple Grandin, Ph.D., Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University.
- Todd Bacon, Ph.D., Vice President of Quality Systems, US Supply Chain Management, at McDonald’s Corporation.
- Justin Ransom, Ph.D., Senior Director of Quality Systems, US Supply Chain Management, at McDonald’s Corporation.
- Al Almanza, (invited) USDA Deputy Under Secretary for Food Safety.