The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the appointment of 10 new members to the National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection (NACMPI) and an additional new member to the National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods (NACMCF).
“USDA is excited to announce the new committee members to NACMPI and NACMCF,” said Under Secretary for Food Safety Dr. Mindy Brashears. “These committee members represent a diverse group distinguished by their knowledge and interest in meat and poultry safety. Their expertise and advice play a key role in informing USDA’s food safety decisions to ensure the U.S continues to have one of the safest food systems in the world.”
The new NACMPI members appointed to serve two-year terms are:
- Dr. Jimmy L. Avery, Mississippi State University
- Mr. William H. Battle, Pride of the Pond and Battle Fish North
- Ms. Tina Conklin, Michigan State University
- Dr. Patricia Ann Curtis, North Carolina State University
- Dr. Jennifer A. Eberly, Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- Mrs. Casey Lynn Gallimore, North American Meat Institute
- Dr. Joseph Jay Harris, Southwest Meat Association
- Dr. Curtis Lynn Knipe, Ohio State University
- Dr. Byron Williams, Mississippi State University
- Ms. Sherri L. Williams, JBS USA, LLC
See the full list of NACMPI members.
The newly appointed NACMCF member to serve a two-year term is:
- Ms. Shannara Lynn, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
See the full list of NACMCF members.