Dr. Brittany Campbell is the Director of Technical Services for the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). NPMA is a global association supporting the pest management industry and their commitment to protecting public health, food, and property. Brittany earned her master’s degree in Entomology from Virginia Tech and her Ph.D. in Entomology from the University of Florida.
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak with Brittany [20:49] about:
- Overview of National Pest Management Association
- Training and background of pest management professionals
- Pest Control versus integrated pest management (IPM)
- Common pests in food plants and the potential impacts
- Pest identification
- Controlling rodents and birds
- Signs you have an infestation
- Top three things every plant should do to prevent pest issues
- Advice for starting or updating your pest management program
News and Resources:FDA Studies Effectiveness of Whole-Genome Sequencing Program [7:17]
Bob Ferguson shares insights from his discussion with the authors of the FDA study.
We Want to Hear from You!
Please send us your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org