The nonprofit Partnership for Food Safety Education (PFSE) is looking to hire a new executive director.
For nearly 25 years, PFSE has developed and promoted effective education programs to help reduce foodborne illness risk for consumers.
The executive director of PFSE will be responsible for overseeing the administrative, programmatic, and strategic direction of the organization, and will report to the board of directors.
The Executive Director will develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and the vision of PFSE, and oversees all programs, services, and activities of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Developing collaborative relationships with government agencies and private sector stakeholders including individual companies and trade associations
- Visionary leadership that results in an active and measurable annual planning process
- Developing and administering operational policies
- Facilitating organizational fundraising
- Ensuring compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements
- Regularly providing key performance indicators related to PFSE’s activities to key stakeholders
- Developing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Hiring, training, and retaining a competent and qualified staff
- Providing adequate supervision and evaluation of both staff and volunteers
- Ensuring technological resources are used efficiently and securely
- Initiating, reviewing, and approving contracts for services
- Approving and signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
- Serving as a steward of the PFSE and Fight BAC!® brands
To read more about the position's required and preferred qualifications, click here. For any questions, email the executive director search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.