Eagle Product Inspection's latest technology is the Eagle Pack 240 HC with new item-level traceability, along with the latest generation of Material Discrimination X-Ray technology with new detector configurations and advanced algorithms incorporated into the Eagle RMI 400 system for improved bone detection in poultry products.
X-ray inspection can streamline operational excellence by:
- Reducing product defects: Beyond checking for contaminants, advanced inspection systems conduct early and important quality checks, such as fill level, product placement, component count and zonal weights, among other functions, thereby reducing defects that hamper operational excellence.
- Lowering downtime: Problems upstream can lead to problems downstream. Whether it’s metal contaminants or stones that cause damage to equipment or the need for product rework. Eagle’s X-ray technologies, in place from raw materials to packaged products, reduce downtime by identifying defects and inconsistencies, and help manufacturers determine where problems exist.
- Improving yield and giveaway: Lower yields and higher giveaways add up quickly, and X-ray inspection can help prevent those challenges. In bakery, for example, X-ray systems check for contaminants in flour at the beginning of production to prevent loss and downtime; later, X-ray systems can confirm the proper bun count in a final package. For meat, the Eagle’s FA3 system provides information to tailor batches to a desired fat and lean content to assure that those batches are consistently on target – reducing lean giveaway and saving money.
- Protecting equipment and extend equipment life across the line: By preventing contaminants from moving through the line, X-ray systems protect processing and production equipment from damage. Eagle’s robust X-ray systems are designed for a longer life than other X-ray machines, with some running up to a dozen years or more with minimal maintenance for a lower total cost of ownership.
- Accessing timely production data: Eagle’s X-ray systems, equipped with proprietary SimulTask™ PRO and TraceServer™ software, provide and store important data that can be easily accessed. Real-time quality stats analytics are also available through Eagle’s software. “Our TraceServer software allows you to connect with any Eagle machine connected to the system to keep track of rejects and any quality issues that are either longstanding or immediately optimizing a site's quality processes” notes Hann.
- Freeing up employees: In a tight labor market, manufacturers can re-deploy employees for other tasks by replacing visual inspection of products with X-ray inspection.
Eagle Product Inspection | EaglePI.com