Kemin Industries, a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services, has added a new tool to its Kemin Food Technologies – North America website: an ingredient library designed to help customers identify ideal color, freshness and safety solutions for meat and poultry, baked goods, snack, and fats and oils.
The ingredient library showcases the Kemin ingredient solutions, including:
- Acerola: label-friendly, multi-purpose ingredient that can be used as a cure accelerator in alternatively cured meats and even offers color protection in fresh meat products.
- Green Tea: consumer-friendly product that can be used to maximize flavor and color retention during long-term storage in red meats and all beef/pork sausage applications.
- Rosemary: a clean-label alternative to synthetics that can be used in a wide range of applications to help delay flavor and color loss.
- Propionic Acid: safe to use as a preservative and flavoring agent in various types of packaged foods, keeping products fresh while enhancing flavor.
- Dry Calcium Propionate: used in a wide variety of food products to help preserve food by interfering with the ability of molds and bacteria to reproduce.
- Buffered Vinegar: label-friendly ingredient that can be used in all meats to enhance the safety of ready-to-eat products by controlling Listeria while maintaining taste and texture.
To learn more about the Kemin range of color, flavor and shelf life solutions, click here.