Theodora Morille-Hinds is the vice president of global quality food safety for The Kellogg Company. She is also the 2019 recipient of Food Safety Magazine's Distinguished Service Award.
Stacey Popham is the head of food safety and quality for the Americas region of Barry Callebaut.
Dr. Mindy Brashears is the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Deputy Under Secretary for Food Safety.
Tim Stubbs is the vice president of product research and food safety for the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak to Theo [13:18] about:
- The greatest day-to-day challenges in her current role at Kellogg
- Partnerships with Michigan State University, University of Georgia, and more
- Celebrating women and girls in science
- How she unexpectedly got into food science
- Advice to young women who may be thinking about a science-related career
We speak to Stacey [27:59] about:
- The first-ever World Food Safety Day and how it prompted Barry Callebaut to initiate monthly Food Safety Friday meetings within the organizations.
We speak to Tim [38:48] about:
- Dairy-related research discussed during IAFP sessions
We speak to Mindy [44:55] about:
- Upcoming modernization of poultry and swine systems
- The science-based data and programs that have prompted new initiatives
- Consumer education resources safe food handling
- Goals for new Campylobacter performance standards
- New testing for Shiga toxin-producing E. coli besides O157:H7
- Partnering with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on cell-based meat regulations
News Mentioned in This Episode
Employee Discovery Prompts Cookie Dough Recall
MSU's Online Food Safety Program - Educating Food Safety Leaders
MSU's Online Food Safety Program - Curriculum, admissions, fees, and more
Keep Up with Food Safety Magazine
Follow Us on Twitter @FoodSafetyMag and on Facebook
Subscribe to our magazine and our biweekly eNewsletter
We Want to Hear From You!
Please share your comments, questions, and suggestions. Tell us about yourself—we'd love to hear about your food safety challenges and successes. We want to get to you know you! Here are a few ways to be in touch with us.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record a voice memo on your phone and email it to us at email@example.com