For access to more podcast episodes, click here.
Questions discussed in this episode:
The most significant impact of FSMA on the food industry
- Impacts of the Preventive Controls (PC) and Produce rules
- Impact on U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulators and FDA culture
- Moved food safety into mainstream conversations
- Supply chain control
The remaining gaps in the food safety regulations
- Transportation needs
- Understanding whether a certain business is subject to a particular regulation
- FDA guidance
- Exemptions for the very small businesses
Have these regulations reduced outbreaks of foodborne illness?
- The problem with following the numbers of outbreaks as an indication of success
- Increased detection capabilities = increased numbers of outbreaks ? unsafe food
- Moving forward with the New Era for Smarter Food Safety Blueprint