This BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters is all about Michigan State University's Food Processing and Innovation Center (FPIC). The Center, the first of its kind in the U.S., will be Michigan's leading independent commercial food development, processing, packaging, and research facility. Here, mid- to large-size food companies have access to a real-time production environment to support the creation of new food products.
In this interview, Matt Birbeck (FPIC) and Gerry Broski (Neogen) go into great detail about how the FPIC can help food companies with their research and development efforts.
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak to Matt (FPIC) and Gerry (Neogen) about:
- Why the creation of the FPIC was necessary
- FPIC's purpose within the food industry
- Advantages, benefits, and services for clients who use the FPIC
- How the partnership between the FPIC, MSU, and Neogen works
- Why mid- and large-size food companies are ideal clients for the FPIC
- Food product categories that the FPIC can accommodate
- Alternative options for small or start-up food companies