Sally Powell Price joined MilliporeSigma earlier this year as a Regulatory Expert for Food Safety. Previously, Sally served as the Director of Lab Operations at a biotech startup in Boston supporting regulatory & R&D operations. Prior to that role, she was the Food Lab Supervisor at the New York City Department of Health, Public Health Laboratory. Sally is a member of the Association of Food and Drug Officials, American Public Health Association, Association of Public Health Laboratories, and AOAC. She has a B.Sc. degree in biology from Hamilton College, and a M.Sc. in microbiology & immunology from James Cook University in Australia, and continuing coursework in public health and foodborne disease at Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health.
Justyce Jedlicka currently serves in the newly created role of the Food and Beverage Regulatory Liaison in North America for MilliporeSigma. She is responsible for engaging with influencers in the food and beverage industry to align initiatives to be in the highest regulatory compliance and promote best practices among testing methods—promoting the safest and highest quality food. Prior to MilliporeSigma, she worked as a formulation chemist and lab technician at Chemia Corporation. She currently serves on the Food Sciences Section Executive Board of the American Council of Independent Labs. She is a member of the International Association of Food Protection, Institute of Beverage Technologists, and participates in working groups with AOAC. Justyce received a B.Sc. in chemistry and an M.B.A. from the University of Missouri in St. Louis.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android
In this BONUS episode of Food Safety Matters, we speak to MilliporeSigma about:
- Why are we seeing so many Salmonella outbreaks?
- Why Salmonella is so difficult to irradicate in the processing environment
- How to use FDA’s new outbreak tool
- Steps the food industry is taking to control Salmonella
- Choosing the correct kill steps for Salmonella
- How the industry is communicating with consumers about Salmonella
- The importance of food safety advocacy groups
- Regulatory updates surrounding Salmonella
- What are multi-drug resistant Salmonella and why are they important to understand
- What the future holds for controlling and irradicating Salmonella
- What makes MilliporeSigma’s Salmonella control products different
- Advice for the food industry in controlling Salmonella
- How Salmonella is affecting the pet food industry